Here is how to simply download and save any Facebook video on your computer, iPhone or Android smartphone . These 12 effective methods are free, work in 2022, and are done online and without software (for the most part).
The manipulations that we are going to present to you here will only take a few seconds, however you should be aware that you can infringe on copyrights at any time and be liable to prosecution by downloading and recording a Facebook video in this way.
You have been warned, LEPTIDIGITAL cannot be held responsible if this happens (unlikely as long as you do not resell the videos or do not use them for negative purposes).
1 – The best method (which works in 2022) to download any Facebook video online and without software:
Here is THE current method that works to download any Facebook video online and without software :
- To start, go to the Facebook page which contains the video to retrieve (it can be a profile but the video must have been shared in “public” mode otherwise it will not work)
- Click on the post with the video and make sure you get the exact video url :
- Here is an example of a video URL that can be downloaded by following the next few steps presented here: https://www.facebook.com/instagramforbusiness/videos/1116744878454415/
- Then go to this site: https://www.fbdown.net/index.php (or this one http://fbvideosaver.net/ which is also a free alternative to download a Facebook video online)
- Copy and paste the URL of the Facebook page containing the video then click on the ” Download ” button
- The site will redirect you to a page with the thumbnail of the detected video then give you the possibility to click on 2 links to download the video in normal or HD format
- CAUTION : you must click on the non-underlined links presented with the red arrows above. You must not click on the banners with the green button otherwise you will be redirected to another site and the download will not work (the creator of the site will impauch a few tens of euro cents in the process thanks to your click on his advertisements).
- Once the link is clicked, all you have to do is define where to save the video on your PC or Mac by right clicking on the video then ” Save video as “.
If you use Google Chrome , you can also download any Facebook video with a Chrome extension (the site presented has its own extension but it is no longer listed on the Chrome Store, so you will have to follow our procedure below to record any video from Chrome).
2 – VideoProc, one of the best software to download any Facebook video
In this article, we list you the best options of the moment to download Facebook videos. VideoProc is a great option to consider if you want to get rid of the ads and the risk of malicious ad clicks.
How to record Facebook video with VideoProc?
- Step 1: Go to the VideoProc website and click on the “Download” icon on the main interface. Then install the software on your computer.
- Step 2: Copy and paste the URL of the video you want to download into the software.
- Step 3: Select an output video format and quality, then click “ Download Selected Videos ”.
- Step 4: Click “ Download Now ” to save the desired Facebook video to your computer.
Why is VideoProc one of the best PC software for downloading Facebook videos?
- VideoProc’s download function is 100% free, secure and stable;
- Record videos with different formats and original quality (4K, 1080p, 720p, etc.);
- Bulk download multiple videos at once to save time;
- Upload audios and playlists from YouTube;
- Support recording YouTube live stream;
- Constantly update for the download function to work perfectly;
Other cool features of VideoProc:
- Convert video, audio, DVD to more than 420 formats and devices: MP4 HEVC / H.264, AVI, MOV, FLV, WMV, MKV, MP3, WAV, OGG, iPhone, iPad, Android, Xbox, etc. .
- Just edit the video: trim, merge, crop, rotate, slow down or speed up video, stabilize shaky video, fix A / V sync, etc.
- Record all or part of the screen on PC / Mac; record with webcam; record with screen and webcam
3 – How to download and save any Facebook video with software? (4K Video Downloader)
Another simple and effective method is to use Mac and Windows compatible software to install once on your computer or Macbook. Here we are going to use ” 4K Video Downloader “, which in our opinion is the easiest and most efficient tool to download Facebook videos and save them on your computer or Macbook .
To record a video from this software, you just need to:
- Download and install the 4K Video Downloader software on your computer or mac
- Go to Facebook and retrieve the link of the Facebook post that contains the video you want to retrieve (by clicking on the 3 small dots next to the post then clicking on ” Copy link “).
- Open the ” 4K Video Downloader ” software then paste the video link by simply clicking on ” Paste link “
- At this point, all you have to do is select the output quality of the video you want to download as well as the location on your macbook or computer where you want the video to be saved before clicking ” Download ” to start downloading the video.
Once downloaded at 100%, all you have to do is go and retrieve it from where you saved it. Simple, fast and effective !
If you want to integrate this video on the web, consider choosing an SEO-friendly integration mode so as not to impact your loading time .
PS: this trick also works to download a Linkedin , Instagram, TikTok or YouTube video .
4 – How to download any Facebook video to MP4 / MP3 from Windows computer with software?
If the above software is not suitable for you, there is another alternative: WinX Video Converter software .
Although this software is initially known to allow the conversion of videos in different formats, it also offers a section dedicated to downloading videos on social networks including Facebook.
To save any Facebook video in MP4 or MP3 format with this Windows compatible software, you just need to download it and then follow this very simple procedure:
- Download and install the Windows or Mac version of WinX Video Converter and install the software on your computer;
- Go to Facebook and retrieve the URL of the video you want to record (ex: https://www.facebook.com/FacebookFrance/videos/1281931055562593)
- Then click on the button with the link in the software then enter the URL of the 4K / HD / SD video before clicking on “Analyze”;
- You will thus have all the resolution options, all you have to do is choose the one that suits you and then click on “Confirm”;
- Once this action is done, all you have to do is click on the blue “Run” button to start downloading the video.
If you wish, you can also download a Facebook video in MP3 format, for that, you just have to check the box “Auto conversion” then set the option “Output configuration” to “Music” -> “MP3” :
PS: the video will be automatically saved in the folder that has been specified but you have the hand to modify this if necessary. WinX Video Converter supports downloading multiple videos at the same time. The software is compatible with downloading videos from YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo and over 1000 sites.
5 – How to download a free Facebook video online from a computer and via Google Chrome?
If you use the Google Chrome browser like the majority of French Internet users , there is a Chrome extension dedicated to downloading videos shared on Facebook . The extension that we are going to introduce you here is called Facebook Video Downloader. Simply downloading this Chrome extension will allow you, by following a few simple operations, to download any video posted on Facebook.
Here is the procedure to follow to download your first Facebook video from Chrome with a dedicated extension:
- Visit this page of The Flash Video Downloader extension on the Chrome Web Store
- Install the Chrome extension (click on “Add” then “Add extension” in the popup that will appear).
- Go to a Facebook page or profile with the video you want to download (avoid staying on your news feed, instead click on the publication itself so that it is the only video detectable in the page by the extension).
- Once on the URL of a Facebook video, the small red icon of the extension (located at the top right of the browser) will display a green dot with the number “1” if it detects a video to download . If nothing is detected the first time, do not hesitate to reload the page and launch the video in order to facilitate the detection of the video by the extension.
- Then click on a small red icon with the ” 1 ” in green . The detected videos will be displayed below and you will then have to click on the icon with the down arrow.
- On click, you will be redirected to the site (not https) http://fbvideosaver.net, which will be normal.
- Click on the green ” Download ” button to be once again redirected to Facebook and a URL like https://video.xx.fbcdn.net/v/
- The last step is to right click on the video then ” Save video as … ” (“CTRL + S” possible to go faster) then save and download the video to your computer at the location of your choice. .
6 – How to record a Facebook video on a PC with a Mozilla Firefox add-on?
If you are a fan of the Mozilla Firefox browser , there is a Firefox addon comparable to the Google Chrome extension The Flash Video Downloader. This Firefox addon is called Video DownloadHelper, it will allow you to download any flash video on a page (Facebook and YouTube).
Here is the procedure to follow to download a Facebook video from Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to this page of the Firefox Video DownloadHelper addon .
- Click on the green ” Add to Firefox ” button then click ” Install Now ” on the popup that will appear.
- Then click on “Restart now” to close Mozilla Firefox “and re-open it with the addon activated (if Firefox asks you to).
- By restarting Firefox, you will be automatically sent to the addon page, close this page and go to Facebook to find the video of your choice to retrieve.
- To easily download a Facebook video, go to the exact URL of the publication that contains the video to download (you should preferably only have that on your page).
- Once on the page with the video visible, click on the red yellow and blue icon dedicated to the extension just installed. By clicking on the addon icon, it will tell you which video you can download on this Facebook page and in what format .
- Then simply click on the format that interests you (the more you take the quality format, the more time it may take but the more the video will be of good quality afterwards). In the example above, I went for 1080 x 1080 which was the best quality available for download.
- After clicking on the desired link, the extension will record the video in the background (which will strain your computer’s performance).
- Once the download is complete, the video will automatically be saved on your PC in the “dwhelper” folder . On my computer, for example, it was saved in “C: \ Users \ Vincent \ dwhelper \”.
7 – How to download Facebook video from iPhone?
If you use an iPhone or an iPad, it is also possible to download any Facebook video (or almost) thanks to a free application without having to jailbreak your iPhone / iPad ( which I do not recommend by the way. all on a personal basis ).
Here is the procedure to follow from an iPhone:
- Download the application called “DManager” available on the App Store. This app is free.
- Once the DManager application is installed on your iPhone, go to Facebook on the video you want to download then copy the video link (option available in the sharing options).
- Once this video link has been retrieved, go to the DManager app and paste the URL into the browser bar.
- By then following the operations presented in the video above, you can download any video from your iPhone and save it in your media library (be careful, videos take up a lot of storage space, so make sure to ‘have enough before downloading).
Paid applications for iPhone probably also exist to perform the same tasks, but here I only want to present the free possibilities to recover any Facebook video.
8 – How to download and save Facebook video from Android smartphone?
If you are using a smartphone running the Android operating system, there is also a free app that allows you to upload any video shared on Facebook through a page or profile. Here is the procedure to follow :
- Start by downloading the MyVideoDownloader For Facebook application from the PlayStore .
- After downloading and installing the application, connect to Facebook by clicking on “Log in” / “Connect” after opening the app.
- Once connected to your Facebook account, a menu accessible on the left of your screen will allow you to access many video content:
- The ones you liked
- Those accessible on pages
- Those available on groups
- After you have found and checked the video you want to download using this menu, all you have to do is click on the button in the form of a downward-facing arrow located at the top right of your screen.
- The download of the Facebook video in HD will then start automatically and the app will inform you of the download percentage.
- When the download is complete, you will be able to access the video from your usual file explorer on Android.
9 – How to record (download indirectly) any private Facebook video or Messenger?
The methods presented in points “1” to “6” only work for videos shared publicly by pages, groups, events or even public accounts.
Do you want to retrieve a video shared in a private environment on Facebook (video shared privately on a personal account or a Messenger video)?
Here is a roundabout method to save any video streamed to Facebook or Messenger from computer .
- If you use Google Chrome or Firefox, take the free Screencastify extension (available in Chrome and Firefox), it will allow you to choose which part of your screen to record and will therefore give you the possibility of indirectly recording a private video. shared on Facebook.
- If you want to record from a computer, we recommend the OpenSource and free OBS Studio software instead, which will allow you to record your screen from a Windows, Mac or Linux computer. The operation will be identical to the extension but you will have no limit and no watermark added to the video, so it will be more qualitative .
- Once the extension or the software is installed, all you have to do is start the capture of your screen in real time when you go to play the Messenger video or on a private Facebook account.
Reprocessing through free video editing software such as iMovie or Windows Movie Maker may have to be necessary if you want to achieve something more successful, but this technique works very well in system D.
10 – How to save Facebook videos for later?
If you are having trouble downloading your desired Facebook video using one of the methods detailed above (which shouldn’t happen), you can also save a Facebook video for later viewing on your device. computer or your smartphone.
Here is how it works in practice:
- Go to your news feed or any Facebook post with the video you’re interested in
- Click on the 3 small dots located at the top right of the publication (when in the news feed) or the “…” located under the video (when on a page with the video in large) then click on “ Save video “
- Once this is done, you can find this publication at any time with the video in your ” Recordings ” section located here: https://www.facebook.com/saved/
11 – How to download Facebook video from Mac?
If you are using a MAC (Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, iMac), the procedure is more or less the same as for computer users under Windows and Linux, on the other hand you will need to have installed Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as a browser on your Mac if you want to go with the option that requires you to download and install an extension.
If you do not want to download any extension or if you only evolve on Safari, refer to the first method explained to extract any Facebook video directly online and without software and then save it on your Mac .
12 – MP3Studio, a software to easily save videos from Facebook
How to download videos from Facebook?
Just copy the link of the Facebook video you want to save to your MAC or Windows computer and paste it into the download section.
Then choose the export format you prefer (MP3, AVI ..).
Then click “Convert” and you will be able to watch the video download instantly.
Some advantages of MP3Studio software:
- Download from Facebook (and YouTube, Instagram, Soundcloud, and more).
- Download videos up to 8K resolution.
- Unlimited download speed.
- Private download (no risk for you).
- Support for cloud services.
- Modification of ID3 tags.
- Convert videos and audios to different formats besides MP3 and MP4.
- Support for unlimited multiple downloads.
- A really neat interfeca and user experience.
If Facebook wants to compete with YouTube by prioritizing video content in its users’ news feed, how can you download a video posted on a Facebook page or profile ? The 12 simple and effective tips that we present to you in this article are working very well in 2022 (compared to other older tips that no longer work).
Natively, Facebook does not give the possibility to download a video simply through the advanced settings available next to its video player, so you have to use external online services or extensions to achieve this.
Fortunately, with the help of a few websites, extensions and tools on different browsers, it is very easy to download any Facebook video directly online .
These tips will allow you to download and save any video on Facebook, even the copyrighted ones . Before reposting it on your page or on your YouTube account, make sure you have the right permissions under penalty of possible prosecution and fines (the best is to ask the consent of the author of the video and then to tag it in the publication that distributes the video).
If you have any questions or want to offer another solution to download videos shared on Facebook, do not hesitate to react to the article by posting a comment through the form located below, I will be happy to help you and answer you.