It can be overwhelming and stressful. It doesn’t matter if it’s an individual blog or a corporate website, the challenge remains the same. You need to get your website promoted to ensure that real people are able to find you and appreciate your content.
The past month has spent the last month working on my payment blog. Prior to starting, I made many errors. What many people do not realize is that designing and building your website is just the beginning. The method you use to launch your site is the most important factor in the speed with which it gets off and gets going for you.
This post will offer the game plan of what you should do once you’re ready (or nearly ready) to go live with your website so that you don’t have some of the issues I encountered:
1. Create a page for a pre-launch – How to announce website launch?
Even if your website isn’t fully functional does not mean that you shouldn’t begin advertising it. Actually marketing your site using pre-launch countdowns can bring even more excitement and interest than advertising it immediately after it’s made available ( Let see Website launch checklist)..
Create a signup page so users are notified of your launch. LeadPages offers no-cost launch pages templates that you can apply to your website. If you’re using WordPress then you can get and set up a WordPress plugin such as EZP Soon Page, EZP Soon Page and Easy coming Soon.
2. Make at least 3-5 pieces of content that is high-quality
The strategies you employ to promote your site are heavily based on the quality of your content. People will expect quality content that’s relevant to your industry If they don’t get it, they’ll never return to your site.
Before you go live, create a few (minimum three, ideally 10) articles that have amazing content. If you are able to write more than 1,200 words per piece, you stand the best chance of getting ranked on search engines, and also the most likely chance of gaining links to your website.
Some ideas for content for these initial pieces might be:
- How do you post.
- Expert roundups: Ask the most renowned professionals in your industry their views or recommendations regarding a specific area.
- Practical tips for solving an issue that is common in your industry.
- Questions in your field.
- A list of industry terms.
3. Provide your visitors with a means to sign-up for your email list.
An email list gives you a means to communicate with your customers even if they do not ever visit your site for the next time. Join an email marketing platform such as MailChimp or AWeber and then choose one of their templates to incorporate an opt-in option on your site.
Make sure to offer people a reason to sign up for your mailing list, for example an ebook for free or guide with important information to your people.
4. Begin to network with influential people in your area of expertise – How to announce website launch?
This approach is most effective when you own a non-commercial site, however, it is also a viable option on business websites that contain plenty of interesting content.
Get in touch with well-known professionals in your field and inform them know about your brand new website. Aren’t sure who to approach? Utilize a tool such as BuzzSumo to locate journalists, bloggers, business owners or social media influencers who may have an interest in sharing information about your website to their fans.
I would suggest beginning slowly by following their social media accounts, and then sharing their content with your network (no no matter what size). Go through their blog posts and then leave thoughtful comments. After a while you can write them an email with an introduction. Do not ask them to publish your content. If your content is valuable it will be recognized and then share the content on their own.
5. Set online notifications for your blog’s name – How to announce website launch?
When you’re promoting your website it is important to stay informed of when and where your website is featured online. This will allow you to gauge the effectiveness in your efforts to reach out and help you focus your efforts on strategies that have been successful.
To be notified of media or blog mentions. To know what others have to say about your website through social networks, use Mention as well as Hootsuite.
6. Start gaining free links and promote your business by registering with HARO
If you’re the owner of a new website, getting attention isn’t always easy. But, using a service such as Help A Reporter (HARO) is likely to be your best chance in obtaining free publicity from the beginning.
Once you’ve signed to join, you’ll receive inquiries from media outlets to your inbox every day three times. When you receive a question that you are able to address, send an email to the journalist right away with a detailed explanation of the query, and including links either to two or three of your amazing blog posts that relate to the query.
7. Upload to an XML sitemap – How to announce website launch?
A XML sitemap can be described as a type of document that provides search engines with an overview of the pages and content on your website. It helps Google crawling your website more efficiently, which means your website’s content will be found faster.
If you’re using an WordPress website, you can install and download the Google XML Sitemaps plugin. If you use any other platform, you can create a sitemap using the XML Sitemaps generator, and then upload it to the root directory of your site (e.g., www.yoursite.com/sitemap.xml).
8. Learn the fundamentals of SEO – How to announce website launch?
Although you don’t have to be an expert in SEO to begin ranking on search engines, it’s essential to have some fundamentals in place. Some of the most essential elements you should include when you’re launching your site include:
- Utilize the keywords you want to rank for (words and phrases that you would like to be ranked for) strategically on your site such as your navigation bar and your title tags. header tags, post titles alt image tags and so on.
- Always add new content.
- Create links to your website.
- It is important to ensure that your URLs are composed of words, not figures or other symbols (this is known as the structure of your permalink).
- Check that your website is mobile-friendly.
If you own an WordPress website, begin by installing and downloading a plugin such as Yoast SEO. This will make sure that you have the fundamentals in place.
9. Install Google Analytics – How to announce website launch?
In light of the effort and time you’ll put into marketing your site It’s crucial to know precisely how much visitors you’re getting and from where the visitors are coming from. Google Analytics is free, simple to set up, and can help you figure out precisely the strategies that are working (and the ones that aren’t).
10. Include your website in Google’s Search Console
It is the Google Search Console (formerly Google Webmaster Tools) is a set of tools developed by Google to help you monitor the health of your website on the search engines. If Google detects any problems in your site it will be informed.
The most important details you will be able to obtain once your website has been verified are:
- Links to your website.
- Manuel acts (penalties) on your website.
- If Google has difficulty accessing specific areas of your website.
- If your website is deemed “mobile-friendly.”